Currently....MAY!

May 3, 2014
Time to dust off my blog! I didn't realize it's been over a month since I've checked in....YIKES!!

I'm linking up with the ever- so- awesome Farley from Oh' Boy Fourth Grade to bring you this month's Currently.


I've been soooo busy assessing, assessing, assessing! Don't you hate that?! I sometimes feel Kindergarten is the new First Grade and I hate it. I hate it so much I've been seriously thinking about taking a pre- k spot that's opening up at my school next year under Obama's Universal Pre-school Plan. What are your thoughts on his plan? I'm nervous, excited and worried all rolled into one! 

SURPRISE: Creating & Teaching and Pre- School Wonders are two of my favorite pre-k blogs. Since I've been thinking about moving to pre-k, I've been stalking a few pre-k blogs! :)


Happy Weekend!!

5 comments

  1. Found you over at Farley! Love the look of your blog btw. I completely get blog neglect, I sometimes feel like I go through times when I don't check in for ages.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy I found you through the Currently link up! I quickly looked up the Obama's Universal Preschool Plan...very interesting. I totally understand why you would want to move to Pre-K!

    Lauren
    A Teachable Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your daughter talks to herself! Now that my nest is empty, I do the same thing....especially before I leave the house for school in the morning! I run through the list of things I need to take with me out loud! Crazy system....but it works!

    I hear you on both "blog neglect" and "assessment overload!" I absolutely HATE how data-driven my job has become over the last 5 years, and would recommend that you take the pre-K job just to get away from it! May whatever you choose to do make you happy!
    ~Jennifer
    http://www.storiesandsongsinsecond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am moving back to Pre-K as well! I have mixed feelings about it. I love so many things about kindergarten but you're right, it's like the new first grade. My principal didn't even want us to have dramatic play. :( So glad I found your blog, I can't wait to hear about your adventures next year!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1 & Kinder

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.